Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

MagicSorceressTheQuestLightTigerTheTedsHereComesThePainBlackWidowguy-fawkesEvil ClownMedievCC746-Wicked-Jester-195x300TheEpicSadnessCoverZombieAndyHungryGunGirlKermitWriterJollyRogerAndyCrimeSceneTwoInTheGardenKidsInTheStreetIMG_20140212_135222MG_3218

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

It Just Happens Sooo OFTEN

We interrupt your regular programming for this public service announcement.

I know this is talkin' rather than writin', but do you say "often" as "off-un" or as "off-tun"? Seems a lot of folks these days are opting for the latter. The argument, as I've heard it most, is that it has a T in it, so ya hafta pronounce that little bugger.

Uh, OK. I'll think that over tomorrow when I'm using fabric soff-tener on my laundry. Or perhaps I'll add some moist-ener, too. Though to be honest, if I add moist-ener as well as soft-ener, I have trouble fast-ening my belt because of the shrinkage.

But, hey, here's a word that has a hard T, for all you "off-ten" lovers:

PRE-TENTIOUS

Or do you think I'm paying too much OH-MAUGE to those who think language matters?

Cheers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment